17 Jun 2017 - 15:44
The ministry described the accusation as “an exposed naive attempt to twist the facts and take them out of context.”
19 Jun 2017 - 16:08
Doha: Qatar has strongly condemned the blast that took place in Diraz village in Bahrain, which resulted in the killing of a member of security forces and injuring two others.
In a statement issued on Monday, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs reiterated Qatar's firm position rejecting violence and terrorism regardless of its source and whatever motives and reasons, and its rejection of all criminal acts that terrorize the innocent and are incompatible with humanitarian values and principles.
The statement expressed Qatar’s condolences to the family of the victim and to the Bahraini people, and wished the injured speedy recovery.
A "terrorist" bomb attack in a village in Bahrain has killed a policeman and wounded two others, the interior ministry in the kingdom said on Monday.
The attack late Sunday occurred in Diraz, west of the capital Manama, the ministry said on its Twitter account.
Witnesses said they heard a loud blast near the home of cleric Isa Qassim, where five people were killed last month when security forces opened fire to disperse a sit-in.
Police blocked all entries into the village after the bombing, witnesses said, adding security forces have been maintaining a cordon around Qassim's house since the protest dispersal.
The Bahrain authorities sentenced Qassim in May to a suspended one-year jail term for illegal fundraising and money laundering.
A court last year stripped him of his citizenship, sparking repeated sit-ins outside his residence in Diraz.